Website The CubbyHouse - New Plymouth
One of our lovely cooks is going on maternity leave for 6 months and we are looking for a “whizz in the kitchen” to help cover for the next 6 months at The CubbyHouse in New Plymouth.
We have a modern purpose-built centre on Buller street, one street back from the coast and right around the corner from town. The Kitchen in our Centre is fully equipped, and you will be provided with all the necessary tools you need to help cook delicious and nutritious kai for our little ones.
The hours are 20 hours a week, this is a shared role with some morning and some afternoon shifts.
Passionate about Nutrition?
To ensure we are serving dishes that are packed with lots of nutrients all year round, we rotate our menu’s based on the current season to get the most from our ingredients.
To effectively do this, we work in conjunction with Healthy Heart, centre families, children, teachers, our Centre Cook and yourself to create the best menu possible for our tamariki.
· Experienced in cooking for large groups
· Able to work well in a fast-paced environment, at times under pressure
· Fit and active, as this is a busy role
· Excellent at communication and have skills to build rapport with parents and children
· Able to purchase to a budget
· Competent in maintaining written records in line with the Food Act requirements
· Flexible in approach, but also able to work to a daily schedule
· A real team player with a “can do” attitude
If you have a shared passion for food and using nutrition to create new ways to cook for our children then click APPLY and send through your CV and Cover Letter today or call Jo for a chat on 06 758 9289.
Please note: Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.